All changes or improvements to the blog will be recorded in this archive. List of recommended tools.
Added language Swedish (sv_SE)
Added language Czech (cs_CZ)
Added languages Ukrainian (uk) y Polish (pl_PL)
It is added a chat usando Simple Ajax Chat Pro (SAC Pro). See review.
Various modifications for the revision of the request de published in the Entertainment/Opinion section of Google News on Android, iOS and news.google.com. Updated and published on 11/17.
Redesign. New CSS that improves the look of the directory of cartoonists for which the plugin is used Name Directory from Jeroen Peters.
Optimization. Continuing with the plan to replace plugins with lightweight code-only alternatives to minimize load times, Kadence Blocks is being uninstalled today. Accordions (alternative), tabs (alternative) and contact form (alternative), (here another with PHP, CSS, JS and Ajax) are added without using plugins.
11-01-2023. Accordions and tabs will be fixed very soon thanks to GenerateBlocks 1.7 and GenerateBlocks Pro 1.5 versions that will be included natively. More info.
The only thing I have not been able to replicate without a plugin is the tables of contents (that you will reach sooner or later as a native block for WordPress) (Alternative temporary), I have been defeated by several errors. So, for the time being, the plugin is used. Simple TOC,the lightest I know of, until I can debug the bugs.
21-12-22. Rank Math in its free version adds a block of table of contents. Solved some problems In case of incompatibility with GeneratePress, Simple TOC is uninstalled.
- New section created Biographies.
- Testing. Creation of a subscription area for members with plans to browse without advertising and access to extra content with Ultimate Membership Pro purchased at Envato. Uninstalled on November 22, 2022. Analysis.
- Removed the plugin WP Show Post plugin that was in charge of displaying related posts is removed. Now GenerateBlockssince its version 1.5.0, includes the new Query Loops block that allows you to display related posts in various ways (random, by category or tags) although for the moment (until it is integrated in its FREE and/or PRO version) you have to add a function code View details and code.
- The following languages are added italian (it_IT), indonesian (id_ID) and turkish (tr_TR) are added.
- Redesign of the documentaries page y Tontolares.
- Language is added japanese (ja) is added.
- Language added german (de_DE).
- Tests. Added button at the bottom of the entries for notification of spelling errors, bugs or broken links. The button opens a Kadence form and the popup window is made with the plugin Modal Guten Blockplugin, which only consumes 11.9 KB.
- The language is added portuguese (pt_PT) has been added.
- Significant improvement in performance LucusHost expanded your plans with more storage space, RAM and CPU. From 20 to 30Gb of space and to have 2560 MB of RAM and 175% of CPU (1.75 vCore).
- The CDN is temporarily QUIC.Cloud temporarily to compare possible performance improvements More info.
- AMP pages are removedthe native mobile version of GeneratePress is already as fast or even faster than AMP pages. One less plugin.
- Languages added russian y chineselanguages, tables are converted to InnoDB and the encoding is changed to UTF8mb4_unicode_ci to fix problems with Cyrillic and Noto Sans font. The english and the french were incorporated in June 2021 See list of countries and their traffic evolution.
- The Feedzy RSS Feedsin both the free and Pro versions. It is difficult to optimise the pages where it is used and I have not achieved a reasonable cache. Even reducing the size of the thumbnail and the number of fonts to be displayed to a minimum, the response is not quite optimal. Even so, it is still one of the best options for displaying feeds.
- I abandon and uninstall Elementor PRO and restructure the template (GeneratePress Premiun) with Gutenberg and GenerateBloks PRO plus a couple of blocks from Kadence Blocks More info.
- Change in social buttons to lighten load using Scriptless Social Sharing More info.
- Reviewed and improved HTTP security headers Test.
- Moved the blog from jrmora.com/blog/ to the domain root.
- Changed permalinks from jrmora.com/blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ to jrmora.com/%postname%/. Thanks to Lucushost
- Added snippet function that counts and displays post word count, read time and other data More info.
- Added function snippet that displays under the post title the estimated reading time in minutes calculated from a default value of 200 words per minute More info.
- Optimisation. Removed pages added in May that showed top rated posts and comments by periods to lighten loading speed. Plugin tested WPUlikePro Personal
- Added WhatsApp contact method on different pages.
- Tests in a test environment to offer spaces advertisements with full checkout process on the page. Plugin used Ads Pro Plugin – Multi-Purpose WordPress Advertising Manager.
- Optimization. Uninstallation and removal of Woocommerce and all its associated plugins, replaced by simplifying the process of direct purchase through Paypal to lighten the load.
- Uninstallation of WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway due to upcoming demise. *
- Installation of its replacement, WooCommerce PayPal Payments.
* More information in this thread from the WordPress repository
- Change from Paypal Personal to Business to offer other payment methods in the shop.
- Testing of the plugin Feedzy RSS Feeds Pro.
- Redesign and improvement of the news page with the addition of a new page with recent vignettes from different authors + Info.
- Multilingual version tweaks with Polylang.
- Installation of the plugin“DeepL Pro API translation plugin” to use its API More info.
- Migration from Yoast to Rank Math SEO Pro.
- Fixed missing Alt and Title in images.
- Revamped sitemap.xml to include images.
- Added two new maps video and news.
- Removed leftover snippets.
- Aesthetic changes in the new post template created with Elementor PRO.
- Removed plugin Email Subscribers & Newsletters for abusive use of admin-ajax, delaying up to 10 seconds the loading and causing intermittent and frequent 500 errors.
- Added website showing the list of the 20 articles with more visits in cumulative figures.
- Added page for sending vignettes.
- Tests of automated publishing of submissions with USP Pro.
- Recovered and added all the content of two closed and deleted websites Documentaries y Tontolares.
- Re-design and simplification of the pages of the Cartoonists directory and nEWS SENDING.
- Redesign and change of template. From Schema to GeneratePress. Enlarge info.
- Added sitemap HTML.
- Removed The SEO Frameworkback to Yoast SEO due to sitemap problems.
- Hosting move. From Hostinger to Lucushost +Info.
- Redesign and template change. From Independent Publisher a Schema. +Info.